ABOUT THE PROJECT
The client’s primary goal was to have a dedicated home theater that could accommodate a large number of guests plus a bar area in the back of the theater for entertaining and food placement, all with unobstructed sight lines to a very large screen. The client also wanted a unique ceiling, and he did not want a projector to be hung in the center of it. Three other A/V companies told him these objectives could not be met, but EDG took the challenge, and the end result is an award-winning custom home theater.
In addition to movie viewing, the theater is used for viewing sporting events and for video gaming with the client’s many video game systems. The equipment racks are discretely hidden behind the bar in a space that is 4 ft. deep by the width of the theater. Also strategically placed is a smaller equipment rack which contains an HD/Blu-Ray DVD Player, XBox 360 and PlayStation3 gaming systems for quick and easy use. The speakers are also hidden from view behind acoustical panels.
PROJECT TEAMArchitect: KSM Designs, Inc.
- (732) 741-0023
- (732) 919-7483
- (732) 449-5988
- (800) 994-8449
- (732) 280-7888
- 2007 CEDIA: Best Home Theater, Silver ($347K-$445K)
- 2007 Crestron Home Integration: Home Sweet Home Theater
- Masculine to the Max, Home Entertainment , September 2008
- A Team Effort, HD Living, Spring 2008
- View Unobstructed, CEDIA Electronic Lifestyles
- Home Sweet Home Theater, Integration at Home
- EDG Named Finalist for Mark of Excellence Awards
- Electronic Design Group Recognized for Award Winning Installation at CEDIA Expo